You can purchase individual licenses for Saxon-PE or Saxon-EE from this shop; you can also purchase site licenses and redistribution licenses (though in this case you may prefer to discuss your requirements with Saxonica first).
Your license key will normally be sent to you via email within 24 hours, together with instructions for downloading and activating the software. Please note that by purchasing a license, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions:
A 30-day evaluation license is available free of charge. Please evaluate the software before purchasing a license, as no refund can be made once a purchase is completed.
Information about upgrade licenses can be found here:
If you want to purchase an upgrade online, please purchase at the full price as if you were a new customer, and send us an email giving details of your previous purchase. We will then refund the residual value of your existing license(s). Alternatively contact us and ask for a quote.
The EU has changed the rules for tax on digital goods with effect from 1 January 2015.
- Customers outside the European Union pay no tax.
- Customers in the United Kingdom pay VAT at the UK rate of 20%.
- Non-business customers elsewhere in the EU will be charged tax at the rate appropriate to their own country. Saxonica collects this tax and is responsible for paying it to the tax authorities in each country. This tax is added to the amount chargeable at the checkout stage.
- Business customers elsewhere in the European Union (that is, entities registered for VAT in their own country) must account for the tax with their own tax authorities. You have the opportunity to enter your VAT number during the checkout process. If you enter a valid VAT number, VAT will not be added to the price. We then report the transaction to the tax authorities in the UK, who (in theory) reconcile it with your own returns under the EU reverse charge system.
This system relies on information about your location. This information comes from your IP address and your billing address. If these do not agree, we may be obliged to make further enquiries. This is true whether or not you are in the European Union, since non-EU customers must be identified as such. We are also obliged to retain these records for ten years.
Note that the new rules cover automated transactions only. Our understanding is that they therefore apply to purchases through the online shop, but not to purchase orders sent by email (or otherwise), even though the software and license key are delivered electronically.
From our online shop you can purchase:
- Individual Licenses
- Site Licenses
- Licenses that allow redistribution of Saxon with an application
- Custom products and services, by prior arrangement with Saxonica
A more detailed description of the functionality available in each package is available here: